+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cadet Boots

What is the big deal? Soldiers,Airmen,Sailors and Cadets will be wearing them by 2008. I even heard rumors that they are planning of replacing the tunics for Cadets with sweaters.It is uncertain what Cadet's uniform is going to look like in a few years.
    Catherine Carter
    Former Cadet

Flashman is on a distinguished road Flashman's Avatar
    Climbing in your windows, snatching your people up...
    What is the big deal? Soldiers,Airmen,Sailors and Cadets will be wearing them by 2008. I even heard rumors that they are planning of replacing the tunics for Cadets with sweaters.It is uncertain what Cadet's uniform is going to look like in a few years.

I remember hearing something about that a few years ago, but I don't know how much merit there is/was to it. I mean, Cadets are still wearing tunics and the sun still rises every day.
    We are working very hard, down at Upnor Hard...
    ACTION FROM KNOWLEDGE dpara gcs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty_258
    The Gortex WWB's the CF are given also have nice grips.. HOWEVER they dont mix well with snow and ice... mainly cuz the make of the sole. one of my officers told me a near death expirience getting off his cougar with them. so if they are made from a similar material be sure your unit has alot of CF-98s.

i perfer the old ones, will probably get the new type when i go in for my DEUs sometime in the next few months, but will stick to what i have slaved over and know is reliable when the time comes
    The new soles on the ankle boots are vibram = awesome.
    They are resoling the WWB = slowly but surely.
    No longer a Prairie Corporal
    :
    I'll from now on only use smugness and sarcasm where its implementation will not be impeded by operator incompetency.

Quote Originally Posted by AMothfromWpg
    The new soles on the ankle boots are vibram = awesome.
    They are resoling the WWB = slowly but surely.
    ouch... definatly dont want to be wearing them in the winter then.... ive heard they are.. but we are still stuck with the vibram soled ones
    Through The Mud and The Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

you know it's really quite funny. when it comes to sending out important things like the long service medals out west to the other end of the world ( here in BC), I swear they freaking send them by camelback express. But when it comes to giving us the crappiest boots ever, they're on top of it like a hillbilly on a possum.

What the heck is wrong with this world?!?!?!?
    powerwings
    rclcme Nik Zimmerman aircsm
    ex-WO1, 861 Silverfox Sqn

Basic 2002 ITAC 2004 Space 2005 Power 2007 Staff 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Anderson
    I remember hearing something about that a few years ago, but I don't know how much merit there is/was to it. I mean, Cadets are still wearing tunics and the sun still rises every day.

Sorry, I've should had explain a little more in the post I've made.

The same time I heard that they were going to change the boots,parka and the PT gear I heard that they were going to change the tunics in to sweaters. Which leads me to speculation what is going to happen to the tunic.
    Catherine Carter
    Former Cadet

SWEATERS?!

Honestly, why on earth would they do that? It would make us look absolutely rediculous in my opinion, it would make no sense. I think it would take away from cadets: less discipline (in doing your uniform etc), less pride (wearing a lousy sweater) and finally, we would look like "just another group" to the community.

S S

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty_258
    so if they are made from a similar material be sure your unit has alot of CF-98s.
    DND 2299s actually...
    Capt JMA (Jamie) McKay

Quote Originally Posted by JMcKay
    DND 2299s actually...
    well i have been told the CF-98 is the injury/exposure to toxic substances form... which is what will be needed in the winter with those soles
    Through The Mud and The Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by zimmiman861
    you know it's really quite funny. when it comes to sending out important things like the long service medals out west to the other end of the world ( here in BC), I swear they freaking send them by camelback express. But when it comes to giving us the crappiest boots ever, they're on top of it like a hillbilly on a possum.

What the heck is wrong with this world?!?!?!?
    Ask Steven Harper lmao...jk jk

Man...the new boots are so much for comfortable than the old ones...But I want my Bang back...I feel like one of the first year n00bs
    --
    Jonathan Mok
    Second Lieutenant
    759 Falcon RCAC Squadron

The new boots are stupid anyway. I can't take them seriously.

they look like some1 glued a box to the top of a pair of parade boots.

Agreed.

330attitude is on a distinguished road 330attitude's Avatar
    The Lvl ones at my sqn have them, I havent seen any of them with a good shine, even when they say they polish them every day.... personnally, i think that the boots look like ankle height combats hence they awful on the parade square. i'm glad my feet have stopped growing, and i still have a bit of space in my boots
    "De plus en plus rare"

Quote Originally Posted by corporal ditz
    The Lvl ones at my sqn have them, I havent seen any of them with a good shine, even when they say they polish them every day....
    Well I don't think its fair to say that the lvl 1s dont have a good shine...I wouldn't expect them to be polish masters in their first year, they are newbies you know. The test would be to give these boots to a bunch of Chief Warrant Officers who have been serving for 30+ years in the CF (or whatever, could be any rank really i guess). Then see if they new boots really are, indeed unpolishable.

S S

Sgt_Logic
    Apparently you've got to strip them down first by scrubbing with hot water and a boot brush. Then you can begin putting polish on them.

I would be up for the challenge - a 2Lt. told me I should try to prove it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Logic
    Apparently you've got to strip them down first by scrubbing with hot water and a boot brush. Then you can begin putting polish on them.

I would be up for the challenge - a 2Lt. told me I should try to prove it can be done.
    From what I have heard, the boots come with a coat of some wax type of stuff on them, and that is what causes them to not polish...so yes, stripping then before you polish them the first time should work.
    canadaPte Forbes, Ryan C

330attitude is on a distinguished road 330attitude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drillman9
    Well I don't think its fair to say that the lvl 1s dont have a good shine...I wouldn't expect them to be polish masters in their first year, they are newbies you know. The test would be to give these boots to a bunch of Chief Warrant Officers who have been serving for 30+ years in the CF (or whatever, could be any rank really i guess). Then see if they new boots really are, indeed unpolishable.
    you're quite right, that was just the only example i could give, as they're the only ones at my sqn with the new boots. I'll suggest to the newbs that they strip the boots, then basecoat, then true polish
    "De plus en plus rare"

Sgt_Logic
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanForbes
    From what I have heard, the boots come with a coat of some wax type of stuff on them, and that is what causes them to not polish...so yes, stripping then before you polish them the first time should work.
    My question is, why is this coating on these new boots, but wasn't on the old ones when they were issued?

If I knew...I would tell you...but I don't...so I won't

wow...i'm a poet and i didn't even know it...
    canadaPte Forbes, Ryan C