+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: New Cadet Boots

Quote Originally Posted by wulfnan View Post
    I don't sense sarcasm here well not from me anyway, if anything I was being myself and humorous. I really don't care what people call me as long as its not hurtful otherwise I might get my back up.

steve.
    I wasnt really talking about you lol i agree with your point of view
    TPR Mike Gallant lsmnlcaescsm
    Former Coxswain RCSCC#323
    BMQ 09, SQ 09, QL3 10

wulfnan
    Quote Originally Posted by skinspei View Post
    I wasnt really talking about you lol i agree with your point of view
    Thanks appreciate that. I usually do one of two things. I either make you laugh or make you sick. lol

steve.

Forde.089 is on a distinguished road Forde.089's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    When I read those rules, I understand them to mean you address the Cadets and Officers as their ranks, and show them the same respect you would show them if you were in person.

Personally, I would prefer to be called by my rank and last name, unless I know the person. Maybe its just me, but as a Warrant Officer I would find being called "buddy" quite disrespectful, especially if I dont know the person who is calling me it.

If someone called me "buddy" then they better hope I don't know them. lol

Cadet-world is less formal than LHQ's or CSTC's, but...

I see the cadets on here calling members who are officers "Sir" or "Ma'am" all the time. I also see Chiefs being called "Chief" all the time too, especially between strangers.
    I don't think I've ever seen an officer being called "buddy", and I doubt very much that they would stand for it.
    I don't think senior, or junior cadets should be treated with any less respect, so no, its not just you.

Out of curiosity, is it common to call Warrant Officers "Warrant" like sea cadets call their CPO's "Chief"? Or is there some other short form maybe?
    JUSTIN S. FORDE
    lsmrclcmescsm
    "Life brings its own education, and the life of the sea permits no truancy. It says to a man, 'learn to be a seaman, or die.'"

By more junior cadets, Warrant Officers are called "sir" or "ma'am," but for equals and superiors, "Warrant" is entirely appropriate.

JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

CW Chatter/SE Contributor of the Year - 2009 M. Arnott is on a distinguished road M. Arnott's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylepetten View Post
    thats what my training officer suggested so i will probably check there. thanks buddy!
    My rank is clearly displayed in my signature.

Would you talk you your Warrant Officers at any cadet events like that?
    SLt Morgan Arnott
    189 RCSCC PORT AUGUSTA

Are you following CW on Twitter?

ok this is getting a little blown out of porportion...leave him alone he doesnt need several different people telling him this... he was simply thanking you for your opinion
    TPR Mike Gallant lsmnlcaescsm
    Former Coxswain RCSCC#323
    BMQ 09, SQ 09, QL3 10

Forde.089 is on a distinguished road Forde.089's Avatar
    Well I can't see why people found it necessary to team up on WO2 Gillis and say she was acting as though she was "Top brass" or a power tripping "General" and that she was "touchy" or "ruining" all the fun for everyone

Having fun doesn't mean you can't be respectful. If everyone was respectful from the beginning, and let WO2 Gillis and FSGT Patten settle their own disagreement, then everyone would be having fun, and this conversation would have ended a long time ago.
    JUSTIN S. FORDE
    lsmrclcmescsm
    "Life brings its own education, and the life of the sea permits no truancy. It says to a man, 'learn to be a seaman, or die.'"

OK jenny following those rules your right! . Will you please refer to me by my proper title of Mr. Miller from now on as I am not a cadet or affiliated to any type of military or para military organization. Please explain to me the proper way of addressing you or any other ranked person here so as to not offend.
    steve.
    here here... there is a rule about having fun and being yourself as well, I wont look it up because I am not a rule quoter.

My names Steve by the way nice to meet you. And my friends call me buddy.
    I don't sense sarcasm here well not from me anyway, if anything I was being myself and humorous. I really don't care what people call me as long as its not hurtful otherwise I might get my back up.

steve.
    Thanks appreciate that. I usually do one of two things. I either make you laugh or make you sick. lol

steve.
    I don't think anyone has done this yet so, if not.... Welcome to Cadet-World! What brings you to our little corner of the net?

Your profile is decidely bare so it would be great if you could tell us a little about yourself and your interest in cadets and C-W.

If you haven't figured it out already, we're pretty passionate about our organizations around here so you're going to see some heated debates. In the end, though, I think we all agree that the cadet programs are truly amazing.
    gliderwingsJ-P Johnson cd1
    Barrie Ontario
    The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

Not that my opinion counts, but i figured Id put it in here:
    Not sure why people are hard on for the rules, I know they are there for professionalism, but first off, this is not a personal meeting, and one slip up definitely does not require the flaming this individual has gotten. A simple "please call me warrant (or whatever)" from the person he called "buddy" would have sufficed, but multiple posts from other people, including the first one being QUITE sarcastic...and last time I recall, sarcasm is only meant to hurt...

Thats just my 2c
    Cheers, dJ
    england scotland ab ukraine poland
    RCSCC ATHABASKAN Coxswain [Former]
    portHMWCBS Quadra Sr. Shipwright '07 stbd
    (Fmr)CPO╣ Derek Jacobs CETbohica

Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey View Post
    Not that my opinion counts, but i figured Id put it in here:
    Not sure why people are hard on for the rules, I know they are there for professionalism, but first off, this is not a personal meeting, and one slip up definitely does not require the flaming this individual has gotten. A simple "please call me warrant (or whatever)" from the person he called "buddy" would have sufficed, but multiple posts from other people, including the first one being QUITE sarcastic...and last time I recall, sarcasm is only meant to hurt...

Thats just my 2c
    Cheers, dJ
    It was a tempest in a teacup and best handled off-list.

There's been a fair number of minor slights spooling up into major fights lately. I can only think that the winter blahs have hit full-force around here.
    Barrie Ontario

wulfnan
    Quote Originally Posted by J-P Johnson View Post
    It was a tempest in a teacup and best handled off-list.

There's been a fair number of minor slights spooling up into major fights lately. I can only think that the winter blahs have hit full-force around here.
    Meet "Tempest" (in a Teacup)...one frustrated little dragon! Designed in shades of salmon, gold and purple, Tempest makes his home in a personalized, flowered china teacup, which, as we all know is not a terribly dignified place for a dragon. Tempest has a bit of a problem being taken seriously, and can only manage steam as opposed to flame...no wonder he's frustrated!

I googled your quote this is one of many that I found. Is this what you were thinking when you said the winter blah hit full force around here.

Steve

edit: Sorry should have read further I found a better definition of the tempest meaning, Big storm in a small space. lol

Meet "Tempest" (in a Teacup)...one frustrated little dragon! Designed in shades of salmon, gold and purple, Tempest makes his home in a personalized, flowered china teacup, which, as we all know is not a terribly dignified place for a dragon. Tempest has a bit of a problem being taken seriously, and can only manage steam as opposed to flame...no wonder he's frustrated!

I googled your quote this is one of many that I found. Is this what you were thinking when you said the winter blah hit full force around here.

Steve

edit: Sorry should have read further I found a better definition of the tempest meaning, Big storm in a small space. lol
    Interesting... I guess it would be closer to "much ado about nothing".

Anyway, I guess you missed my post just previous to that. Howzabout a self-introduction so that we might know you better?
    Barrie Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by ctjj.stevenson View Post
    The new boots are not only the new cadet boots, but are actually the new parade boot for the Canadian Forces, and cadets also get it by default. I haven't seen a nicely polished pair yet, and I do not personally like the way they look. However, they seem to be more comfortable.

Will I get a pair ... maybe one day, when I no longer have a choice.
    Wait until you meet my flag party commander😂 he was sick of all the cadets complaining about how impossible they are to shine and took the challenge, they are almost as shiny as his parade boots and his parade boots are the best in the squadron, so good that the CO played him 60$ to shine his

14. The Following User Likes This Post By sfitzpatrick03 :