+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cadet Boots

New Cadet Boots

They basically look like that, but not exactly...Any comments? If you don't recognize them...ask your SupplyO
    --
    Jonathan Mok
    Second Lieutenant
    759 Falcon RCAC Squadron

i like mine better!

I was under the impression that the new boots looked like:
    Tim Woyma
    ENS USN
    USS ANZIO
    "Stand and Fight!"

yeh thats what they are, not very good, in my opinion....you cant do that sharp "bang" sound...

don't think they polish well either
    ARTE ET MARTE

i hate the new cadet boots they dont polish. they look like hiking boots not drill boots i personaly like the older boots so i hope they can still get theses boots for us from supply without gettin the new ones. the new boots will be nice for regulators. they dont sound nice when you march with them on.
    PO1 Jason Wilson 296 Esquimalt-Chief of standards
    Pain Is Temporary Pride Is Forever GFLSFCM
    H.M.C.S. Quadra Drill and ceremonial, 06

The new cadet boots dont polish well, you get a gloss but not that "deep dark smooth shine". They are comfortable, but they look more like some type of law enforcement boots. They may be nicer to stand in, but the outsoles are soft rubber and wear out in a hurry; they also dont quite match our #1 uniform, probably better looking/functional in NCD's.
    MY REVIEW
    Shinablity 3/5
    Comfort 5/5
    Durability 3/5
    Aestetics in #1's 1/2.5
    Aestetics in NCD's 2/2.5
    OVERALL 14/20

From what I have been told by CF members who have received them, the boots have a coating of something (not sure what) on them when they first come out of the box, so it is best to strip the first layer off of them in order to be able to get a premium shine on them.

JB
    Run until you can't. Then run some more

this is a picture of the new boot by on of my old old boots..

.. why is the toe so massive.. like ?????? this is when I first started to try and shine them... and got angry and left them sit for a week lol ... I wasn't impressed

honestly.. I like my old ones better.. better to shine.. look better, sound better... and really.. I find them quite comfy
    Tiffany Abbott

Quote Originally Posted by TiffanyAbbott
    ...why is the toe so massive.. like ?????? this is when I first started to try and shine them... and got angry and left them sit for a week lol ... I wasn't impressed...
    To keep cadets honest

and also to strengthen their finger muscles
    canadaPte Forbes, Ryan C

Neo is on a distinguished road Neo's Avatar
    I have no problem polishing the new boots, I find no real differences, the very tip of the boots is a bit harder to polish, but with a little extra work they shine quite nice. Also good for not slipping in the winter.

CWiki Contributor of the Year - 2009 ctjj.stevenson is on a distinguished road ctjj.stevenson's Avatar
    actually

The new boots are not only the new cadet boots, but are actually the new parade boot for the Canadian Forces, and cadets also get it by default. I haven't seen a nicely polished pair yet, and I do not personally like the way they look. However, they seem to be more comfortable.

Will I get a pair ... maybe one day, when I no longer have a choice.
    http://www.cadet-world.com/cwforums/signaturepics/sigpic666_4.gif
    Lieutenant Christophe Terry JJ Stevenson, CD, AdeC
    Commandant en second CCMRC LONGUEUIL

thats why i refuse to wear the new boots that came with my army DEUs..i just wear my cadet ones.
    ARTE ET MARTE

i personally havent wore them....but they look disgusting....my feet better never grow.....i dont want new ones!!!
    PO1 Rebecca Breau
    R.C.S.C.C. 292 Coverdale
    scsm
    2002-2007-GT ~ TG3 Gunnery
    2008- TG1 Gunnery DPO-Crusader

Since when were did these boots start being issued? I haven't seen these yet and I was just wondering.

I've only worn my uniform once so I can't really give much of an opinion. I never even knew there were new boots. They don't look quite as comfortable. The toes look more like boxes.
    I prefer riding boots over everything. Too bad I can't shine those up and wear them.
    Canada...It's Better On Top canada
    Self-Proclaimed Genius
    ~*~*~*Bashin Bandsmen*~*~*~
    Nice cleats...wanna ruck?
    dA Militia - Forceful Company. The few. The proud. The awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by HobbitOsadec
    I've only worn my uniform once so I can't really give much of an opinion. I never even knew there were new boots. They don't look quite as comfortable. The toes look more like boxes.
    I prefer riding boots over everything. Too bad I can't shine those up and wear them.
    You should be a Horse Guard, if you join the Cavalry Squadron you can weak riding boots, but they look like a big job to shine up.

lol its funny just reading all the complaints hehe

Sgt_Logic
    Isn't it possible that the toe of the new boots are harder to polish because it's a sharper curve than the old ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Logic
    Isn't it possible that the toe of the new boots are harder to polish because it's a sharper curve than the old ones?
    Or maybe it's because the whole boot has a really gross "orange peel" finish?
    Mr. Baker
    Former RCSCC COURAGEOUS Cox'n and Band member