PDA

View Full Version : How do I switch??

hunter223
11th November 2005, 16:48
I am really fustrated with the officers in my sqn. LONG story. But anyways I was wondering how would you switch from Air Cadets to Sea Cadets?
THANKS

TLOD
11th November 2005, 16:55
I am really fustrated with the officers in my sqn. LONG story. But anyways I was wondering how would you switch from Air Cadets to Sea Cadets?
THANKS
Simply put...turn in your uniform with your Squadron...goto the local Sea Cadet Corps and fill in a new CF 1158. The Corps' Admin O will request your pers file from your former Squadron. The CO will, likely, confer with RCSU (Pac) regarding what rank to bring you in at after reading through your file and testing your mettle.

~*rEbEl*aT*hEaRt*~
11th November 2005, 16:57
....and then you have to learn new termonology(sp?)and a ton of little things. not that hard;)

C. Pickrem
11th November 2005, 16:58
This is the most amazing thread I've ever seen.

TLOD
11th November 2005, 17:09
Thank you for your valuable contribution to this seriously posed question.

hunter223
11th November 2005, 17:13

Why do you say that?

hunter223
11th November 2005, 17:19
Simply put...turn in your uniform with your Squadron...goto the local Sea Cadet Corps and fill in a new CF 1158. The Corps' Admin O will request your pers file from your former Squadron. The CO will, likely, confer with RCSU (Pac) regarding what rank to bring you in at after reading through your file and testing your mettle.

What kind of things would they test on?

AMerrall
11th November 2005, 20:50
Most likely, they would give you a few Enabling Checks to see what your knowledge level is, and look at your attitude and leadership skills. That would allow them to decide the Phase in which you would best develop. :)

big_castor
12th November 2005, 06:27
THANKS

Or you could talk to your Officers about your grieveances and try to work it out...

ARMY101
12th November 2005, 07:02
You'd be much more likely to try and work things out with your current squadron. Maybe there is something that's annoying you, and the officers are unaware of it. They could find out and change before they see you at the Supply door with your uniform in your hand...

If it's something they can change, then try and talk it out. If they cannot change it, then try to understand why they do it/why it has to be done, and go from there.

hunter223
12th November 2005, 09:15
Well.. I want to stay in my sqn like you would not belive. But.. Well... I am trying to work things out. It is hard when I try to talk to officer she tells me to use the chain of commands and I tryed that but no luck.
Have any other Ideas???

ARMY101
12th November 2005, 11:32
What about a proper letter? If you can lay out your thoughts on why you are frustrated, and a reasonable way to fix it, then they would be able to read it, and clearly see your thoughts on possibly leaving the squadron. As long as it's appropriate and tasteful, give it to your SWO to give to the CO, and they should read it, and have a meeting with you.

Kmart
12th November 2005, 13:23
Well.. I want to stay in my sqn like you would not belive. But.. Well... I am trying to work things out. It is hard when I try to talk to officer she tells me to use the chain of commands and I tryed that but no luck.
Have any other Ideas???

I know that different place run differenty, but if is a minor problem, them plz use the chain of command, but if it is something surious.....then hopefuly the CO will have no problem with hearing your complant directly......hopefuly

sjulien130
12th November 2005, 19:50
What about a proper letter? If you can lay out your thoughts on why you are frustrated, and a reasonable way to fix it, then they would be able to read it, and clearly see your thoughts on possibly leaving the squadron. As long as it's appropriate and tasteful, give it to your SWO to give to the CO, and they should read it, and have a meeting with you.

I wrote a formal letter to my CO on behalf of some cadets including myself that went to a band Seminar..it wasn't a nice letter. She gave all of us grief beforehand..because apparently we were acting up or something. I told her that it would of been nice if we actually had officers that went with us instead we stood around like chickens with their heads cut off...so I wrote the letter and she called us seniors to her office...but it wasn't that good...i know it has nothing to do with this..but sometimes officers get angry when you write them a letter, and think that your just complaining..

Insane Power Pilot
12th November 2005, 23:56
If I had a dollar for every time I was even slightly frustrated with my officers, I'd have about 544 bucks. Believe me, I've dealt with it all...I think we all have! From not getting promotions, positions, and awards, to politicking and favouritism, to officers who never seem to be around when you need them, officers who yell at you for reasons which are never clear to you...the list goes on and on.

Most of the time, we either can't do anything to change the situation, or we choose to do nothing. But we can find ways to cope with it. Maybe if we had some of the details as to your long story of how this situation arose, we could help you figure out a way to deal with it...although I suspect it's a pretty major thing, considering you've been seduced by the Dark Side! :eek: If you want to discuss it some more, PM me.

TBird
13th November 2005, 00:17
I would suggest that this is not a "chain of command" issue. Frankly if a Cadet is peeved enough to desire leaving a. their unit and b. their element then perhaps it is a time for officers to be involved directly to find a solution.

... and to go against the grain of the positivists posts, sometimes there may be no immediate solution for yourself and leaving, gracefully and respectfully, is the best decision you can make for yourself, your previous unit and your incoming unit where you can share some perhaps untapped skills.

Cheers

airborne
13th November 2005, 06:09
If you do, keep a copy of the letter. I would also suggest giving it straight to the officers. A group of cadets from my level wrote one and passed it to our senoirs. They talked to us the first night we passed it in, and didn't refer to it after that. They than decided not to pass it in to the officers, but did not tell us that. We heard through the grapevine. After asking two different senoirs directly, one of them said they weren't passing it in, the other said they are editing for content (taking out the things that were done on their level), and than passing it in. So, from my experiance, just pass it in to the highest level it effects, if it is a major issue.
Another thing that can get a response, though it may seem immature, is having a parent come in and voicing your opinion. Some may say it's ungrateful, but you know that poem "Remember The Cadet". Parents are a major part of what's behind the cadet. I also firmly believe that any tax payer has a right to comment on what is happening within their local squadron/corps. Particualarly if that tax payer has been a supporter of fundraisers.

C. Pickrem
13th November 2005, 07:02
Why do you say that?

It's always nice to see new cadets, But what I would do is just go to the Sea cadet corps' and just say your a air cadet thinking of becoming a Sea cadet. But dont leave your air sqn. You may not like Sea cadets, you never know.

www.cadets.ca

Kmart
14th November 2005, 07:30
It's always nice to see new cadets, But what I would do is just go to the Sea cadet corps' and just say your a air cadet thinking of becoming a Sea cadet. But dont leave your air sqn. You may not like Sea cadets, you never know.

www.cadets.ca

I was an army cadet on my first year as a cadet, then i switched to sea cadets and never once thought about going back, this was 9 years ago

cplkrispy
14th November 2005, 08:37
i switched from one Air Cadet squadron to another... slightly different, but still simple. All I had to do was fill in the sheet with my basic information, and tell them what squadron I cam from. lmao. I went a year and a half in one squadron and NEVER got promoted once, and then in the next squadron I've been promoted twice in one year. lmao. go me. The atmosphere of a squadron really does make a HUGE difference!